A month after industrialist Ratan Tata commented that Rajarhat looked like a countryside and there was hardly any sign of industrial development, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated the first Novotel brand hotel on Monday at Rajarhat here.
Mamata thanked senior executives of Salarpuria Sattva Group, the developers of the hotel for their ‘gift’. “Thank you for the beautiful gift. It is a beautiful relationship to be maintained from the beginning. Let us hope for a better future and thank you for giving us this opportunity,” she said while inaugurating the Novotel Kolkata Hotel and Residences.
Highlighting the prospects of the area, Mamata talked about the eco tourism park, convention centre, trade centre and financial hub that could make this area an international destination.
Developed by the Salarpuria Group, the Novotel brand is owned by France-based Accor Group which would manage and run the hotel. Welcoming the group, Mamata said the hotel industry was one of the most important sectors globally. “I welcome you in Kolkata. I have heard that the safety and security of boarders have been a top priority here which is very good,” she said.
With 347 guest rooms and 48 serviced apartments, this would be the first-of-its-kind five-star facility in the city, Jean-Michael Casse, senior VP (India operations) of Accor Group, said. (With PTI inputs)
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews