A month after industrialist Ratan Tata commented that Rajarhat looked like a countryside and there was hardly any sign of industrial development, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee inaugurated the first Novotel brand hotel on Monday at Rajarhat here.
Mamata thanked senior executives of Salarpuria Sattva Group, the developers of the hotel for their ‘gift’. “Thank you for the beautiful gift. It is a beautiful relationship to be maintained from the beginning. Let us hope for a better future and thank you for giving us this opportunity,” she said while inaugurating the Novotel Kolkata Hotel and Residences.
Highlighting the prospects of the area, Mamata talked about the eco tourism park, convention centre, trade centre and financial hub that could make this area an international destination.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Developed by the Salarpuria Group, the Novotel brand is owned by France-based Accor Group which would manage and run the hotel. Welcoming the group, Mamata said the hotel industry was one of the most important sectors globally. “I welcome you in Kolkata. I have heard that the safety and security of boarders have been a top priority here which is very good,” she said.
With 347 guest rooms and 48 serviced apartments, this would be the first-of-its-kind five-star facility in the city, Jean-Michael Casse, senior VP (India operations) of Accor Group, said. (With PTI inputs)