With BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi attacking her claiming that ‘fake parivartan’ took place in Trinamool Congress-ruled West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee hit back charging the growth rate of Gujarat declined during his rule.
“Contrary to the tall claims of development in Gujarat during his period being made by Narendra Modi, the truth is that the growth rate of Gujarat actually declined during his period,” Mamata, the Trinamool Congress chief said in a Facebook post. “Gujarat’s growth rate which was 14.97 per cent during 1980-1990 and 12.77 per cent during 1990-2000 fell to 9.82 per cent during his period from 2001-2011. So, it is all false propaganda that is being carried out,” she claimed.
“Moreover, the myth of industrialization of Gujarat during his period that is being carried out is also false propaganda as industrialization of Gujarat had already happened before he came to power,” Mamata said.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Her comments came soon after her party said Modi had blood on his hands. “Modi is a person who has blood on his hands. He is trying to divide India on the basis of Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and Buddhists. We don’t want such an India, we want a united India,” TMC MP and party spokesman Derek O’ Brien said. “Modi advertising himself as PM candidate. He is daydreaming of becoming the PM. The people of India will never allow this nightmare to happen.”
O’Brien also claimed when Lok Sabha poll results are out, none would become the PM without the support of Trinamool Congress. “Trinamool Congress will emerge as the third largest party. Trinamool Congress, along with other three-four regional parties, will control more than 120 seats. So on May 16 when results are announced, Trinamool Congress will be there,” he said.