With BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi attacking her claiming that ‘fake parivartan’ took place in Trinamool Congress-ruled West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee hit back charging the growth rate of Gujarat declined during his rule.
“Contrary to the tall claims of development in Gujarat during his period being made by Narendra Modi, the truth is that the growth rate of Gujarat actually declined during his period,” Mamata, the Trinamool Congress chief said in a Facebook post. “Gujarat’s growth rate which was 14.97 per cent during 1980-1990 and 12.77 per cent during 1990-2000 fell to 9.82 per cent during his period from 2001-2011. So, it is all false propaganda that is being carried out,” she claimed.
“Moreover, the myth of industrialization of Gujarat during his period that is being carried out is also false propaganda as industrialization of Gujarat had already happened before he came to power,” Mamata said.
Her comments came soon after her party said Modi had blood on his hands. “Modi is a person who has blood on his hands. He is trying to divide India on the basis of Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and Buddhists. We don’t want such an India, we want a united India,” TMC MP and party spokesman Derek O’ Brien said. “Modi advertising himself as PM candidate. He is daydreaming of becoming the PM. The people of India will never allow this nightmare to happen.”
O’Brien also claimed when Lok Sabha poll results are out, none would become the PM without the support of Trinamool Congress. “Trinamool Congress will emerge as the third largest party. Trinamool Congress, along with other three-four regional parties, will control more than 120 seats. So on May 16 when results are announced, Trinamool Congress will be there,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More