West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury on Sunday alleged that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had ‘insulted’ the Constitution by allowing a Kolkata Police lady constable wearing the Force’s uniform to dance with Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan at a function here.
“I am ashamed to see Didi’s brand ambassador Shah Rukh Khan dancing with a lady police officer in Kolkata Police uniform,” Chowdhury told reporters at the Congress party office here.
“I think the chief minister should also be ashamed. She while taking oath as the chief minister had promised to abide by the Constitution. “The Constitution does not permit a government servant to dance wearing a government’s uniform, but the chief minister has allowed to do so which has insulted the Constitution,” he added.
Last evening, Khan lifted a lady constable wearing Kolkata Police uniform during a dance performance at a function of the force in the presence of Banerjee, other ministers and state government officials.
The function, organised for family members of police personnel, was attended by Khan and actor-turned Trinamool Congress MP Dev. Banerjee tied rakhis on the wrists of Shah Rukh Khan and Dev on the eve of Raksha Bandhan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016