West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury on Sunday alleged that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had ‘insulted’ the Constitution by allowing a Kolkata Police lady constable wearing the Force’s uniform to dance with Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan at a function here.
“I am ashamed to see Didi’s brand ambassador Shah Rukh Khan dancing with a lady police officer in Kolkata Police uniform,” Chowdhury told reporters at the Congress party office here.
“I think the chief minister should also be ashamed. She while taking oath as the chief minister had promised to abide by the Constitution. “The Constitution does not permit a government servant to dance wearing a government’s uniform, but the chief minister has allowed to do so which has insulted the Constitution,” he added.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Last evening, Khan lifted a lady constable wearing Kolkata Police uniform during a dance performance at a function of the force in the presence of Banerjee, other ministers and state government officials.
The function, organised for family members of police personnel, was attended by Khan and actor-turned Trinamool Congress MP Dev. Banerjee tied rakhis on the wrists of Shah Rukh Khan and Dev on the eve of Raksha Bandhan.