Mamata Banerjee attracted an impressive turnout from India Inc. on her maiden visit to Mumbai as chief minister on Thursday.
At a closed-door meeting with about 45 CEO including Mukesh Ambani,Adi Godrej,Uday Kotak and Hindustan Unilevers Nitin Paranjpe,Mamata reportedly brushed aside concerns about law and order in West Bengal as false propaganda,and hardsold business opportunities in her state.
I have created a land bank of 10,000 acres,a land map,a land use policy. We are undertaking power banking,and we will be in a position to provide power to other states in three years. We have also created an employment bank. Workers are very good and are cheap. In addition,we have started e-tendering,e-procurement and e-taxation. Land procurement is also not a problem any more, she told reporters later.
Mamata,who was accompanied by her finance minister Amit Mitra,quoted Mukesh Ambani as having said,West Bengal is a gold mine.
Mukesh Ambani has already started 4G in West Bengal for more than Rs 3,000 crore,and there are so many other areas in which they (industries) can invest. Today we announced the various projects… but details have to be worked out,they have to prepare their DPR,they have to plan. A plan is needed for everything. So let them decide,but they have assured us that they will invest, she said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Mamata said she wanted the Bay of Bengal to become the New Goa and Sunderban a popular safari destination. The work culture (in Bengal) is good these days,and there are good relations between industrialists and workers, she said,adding that her government had cut the earlier average annual loss of 78 lakh mandays due to strikes and bandhs to zero.
Other corporate chiefs who attended the meeting included JSW chairman Sajjan Jindal,ITC Group chairman Y C Deveshwar,TCS managing director N Chandrasekaran,RPG chief Harsh Goenka,Videcon head Venguopal Dhoot and ICICI bank managing director Chanda Kochhar.