After sending a team of officials to meet the family of the Madhyamgram gangrape and murder victim, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has now asked the family to come and meet him in Patna.
Appointment with Bihar CM was confirmed today, said father of 16-year-old victim who was gangraped and murdered last month.
“We have been called by the Chief Minister of Bihar. We will board the train tomorrow for Patna,” said the father. The family would return to the state on January 15.
It has been learnt that the victim’s family would inform Nitish about the problems they are facing in Bengal.
“The people, the media and the intellectuals are with us. Which is why we decided against leaving Bengal even when the Bihar government offered us to rehabilitate. We will fight for justice here. Without justice for my daughter, we would have never left Bengal,” he added. The family would also visit their village at Samastipur in Bihar.
Significantly, the Bihar government’s move to send a senior police officer to meet the victim’s family and offering Rs 1 lakh as aid was termed by Trinamool Congress leaders as “an interference in the issues of another state”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, police officers investigating the case are yet to receive the DNA test report from the CFSL, Hyderabad.