Had it not been for the huge interest being paid to the Centre on loans taken by the erstwhile Left Front government,large-scale employment would have been possible in West Bengal,Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Wednesday.
While in 2011-12,the Centre and the Reserve Bank of India took away Rs 21,000 toward debt servicing,in 2012-13 they took Rs 25,000 crore out of Rs 32,000 crore that we earned, she said.
I am told that this fiscal they will take Rs 28,000 crore, Banerjee said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Had it not been for the huge debt servicing,we could have made provision for 10 lakh jobs to the people of our state, she said.
She said she had told the Finance Commission,Finance Minister and the Prime Minister on several occasions that this should be stopped.
I am reiterating my demand here, she said at the Karnajora ground in the heart of the Raiganj Lok Sabha constituency which is held by Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunshi.
Dasmunshi,wife of ailing Congress leader and former union minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi,has long been critical of the Trinamool Congress supremo and spoke against her even during the alliance between the two parties.
Why should the Centre punish the government for the misdeeds of the previous government? Banerjee questioned,blaming the Left Front for a debt burden of Rs two lakh crore when the Trinamool Congress took over in 2011.
Mamata also warned the state government employees and officials that neglect in work for the people would not be tolerated. She hinted that in case of complaints,the officials concerned would face action.