Had it not been for the huge interest being paid to the Centre on loans taken by the erstwhile Left Front government,large-scale employment would have been possible in West Bengal,Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Wednesday.
While in 2011-12,the Centre and the Reserve Bank of India took away Rs 21,000 toward debt servicing,in 2012-13 they took Rs 25,000 crore out of Rs 32,000 crore that we earned, she said.
I am told that this fiscal they will take Rs 28,000 crore, Banerjee said.
Had it not been for the huge debt servicing,we could have made provision for 10 lakh jobs to the people of our state, she said.
She said she had told the Finance Commission,Finance Minister and the Prime Minister on several occasions that this should be stopped.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
I am reiterating my demand here, she said at the Karnajora ground in the heart of the Raiganj Lok Sabha constituency which is held by Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunshi.
Dasmunshi,wife of ailing Congress leader and former union minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi,has long been critical of the Trinamool Congress supremo and spoke against her even during the alliance between the two parties.
Why should the Centre punish the government for the misdeeds of the previous government? Banerjee questioned,blaming the Left Front for a debt burden of Rs two lakh crore when the Trinamool Congress took over in 2011.
Mamata also warned the state government employees and officials that neglect in work for the people would not be tolerated. She hinted that in case of complaints,the officials concerned would face action.