Eleven people were killed, including nine at one spot, in lightning strikes at different places in West Bengal Thursday.
In the first incident, nine persons were killed on the spot and five injured when lightning struck a temple at Kolia village where they were taking shelter during rain at Shyampur in Howrah district, police said.
All 14 residents of Ghoshpur and nearby villages, had come to work for a project under MGNREGA at Kolia village, police said, adding that the injured people have been admitted to Uluberia Hospital.
In another incident in Jhargram, one Bharati Bhakta (38) of Chaltaberia village of Malam gram panchayat under Nayagram police station area died in the field, where she was working when lightning struck her this afternoon, police said. Six others, who were working at the same field along with Bharati, were injured and stated to be critical when rushed to a local health care unit, they said.
In Purnapani, TMC worker Kishori Mahato (56) died at the spot when lightning struck him on his way back home from party office, police added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More