- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
Left Front mocks Mamata’s Delhi rally
Mocking West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s “flop show” in Delhi, the opposition Left Front on Wednesday asked “what went wrong?” “What can I say? The Trinamool Congress leaders for the last few days were saying it will be a historic rally with a gathering of more than one lakh. So what went wrong?” Left Front chairman Biman Bose said. “Now, we are getting two different versions. Mamata Banerjee is saying that it was not her rally and she was invited there. Anna Hazare is saying he is sick so he couldn’t come. It’s for you people to judge and comment,” said Bose.
Bose added that it is well-known that Anna Hazare never attended political rallies. The rally at Ramlila Ground in Delhi was billed to be a platform to launch Banerjee’s national ambitions with Hazare on the dais, but it turned out to be just a Trinamool Congress rally.
Hazare, who recently expressed support for Banerjee, did not turn up at the rally even though it was delayed by hours.