Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh,who was arrested on November 23 in connection with the Saradha Group chit fund scam,was Friday granted bail in the first among several cases lodged against him.
The case relates to a complaint filed by the general manager of Broadcast Worldwide company at the Electronic Complex police station in Kolkata against Ghosh,following which the journalist-turned-politician was arrested by the Bidhannagar Police,Deputy Commissioner of the Detective Department,Bidhannagar Police,Arnab Ghosh,said.
Since Kunal Ghosh,the CEO of Saradha Groups media arm,was under the custody of Barasat police station,he could not be produced before the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate’s Court in Bidhannagar today.
The court,however,has extended the date of his statement under Section 164 before the magistrate till December 27. The Bidhannagar police,which was investigating into the case,however,filed chargesheets against Ghosh under four sections of the IPC during the day,Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh was charged under Sections 420 (cheating),406 (criminal breach of trust),409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant,or by banker,merchant or agent) and 120B (conspiracy) of the IPC,he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More