Three of a family, including two minors, died after the motorcycle they were riding hit a road divider, throwing them across a portion of the Ambedkar Bridge road under Pragati Maidan police station area of Kolkata on Friday. The deceased, identified as Kunal Mistri (18), Kushal Mistri (17) and their cousin Suman Mistri (16), were residents of Mukundpore area.
According to a police officer, the trio were on their way to Gariahat from Science City at a high speed after pandal-hopping, and Kunal lost control of the bike near the middle of the Ambedkar Bridge. The impact threw all three of them to the other side of the road. Suman and Kunal were declared brought dead at Chittaranjan National Medical College, and Kushal succumbed to his injuries during treatment later. “They were three on one bike, and that too without helmet. Time and again we have been reminding people to follow road safety rules, but since people are in the festive mood, they take things lightly,” said one traffic officer.
A case has been registered under sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), 304A (causing death by negligence) and 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees) of the Indian Penal Code.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
A similar incident took place at Parama flyover, where 26-year-old Kartick Adhikari and his pillion rider Mohammed Akib rammed into a divider due to overspeeding on Thursday. Neither of them were wearing helmets. Akib, who survived the accident, has been arrested for rash driving and causing death by negligence. Specific locations such as EM Bypass, AJC and Parama flyovers, James Long Sarani and Harish Mukherjee Road are closely scrutinised by police, as these areas have seen maximum number of fatal morotcyle accidents.