A COUPLE has been arrested for allegedly dumping their newborn into a river at Alipurduar on Thursday, police said. According to police, residents of the area rescued the baby boy from the Tora river and admitted him to a hospital in the morning.
“The parents were standing on the river bridge, holding with a bag. Some passersby noticed that they suddenly dropped the bag into the river. They also heard someone crying from inside the bag,” said a police officer.
“Immediately, some people jumped into the river and managed to save the infant, who was chained up inside the bag,” the officer added. The couple, who were allegedly tried to flee, were caught by locals and handed over to the police. The baby, meanwhile, was taken to the Alipurduar Zilla Hospital, where he is undergoing treatment.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“The baby is out of danger,” a hospital official said. He added that after he recovers, he would be handed over to the Child Welfare Committee. A senior police officer said: “The parents are originally from Bhutan and have been living in this area for a long time. Prima facie the appear to be the biological parents of the child. We are conducting a detailed probe into the case.”