Reshuffle on the cards
Trinamool Congress ministers are keeping their fingers crossed when Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will preside over a review meeting of all departments,which will be attended by all the ministers,secretaries and joint secretaries of all departments. Grapevine has it that on the basis of the report card of the ministers Mamata may go in for a reshuffle.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
There was a sense of disappointment among members in the Assembly who came to attend Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumars lecture on the first day of the closing ceremony of the platinum jubilee celebrations. Kumars lacklustre and intellectually hollow speech on Challenges before the democracy,led to a member quipping, She did not touch upon any issue.
The worst was to follow the next day when speakers from the Trinamool Congress spoke on the topic.
Such was the effect on the members that most in the House dozed off.
Writers Buildings resembles an old and deserted zamindar house. The wooden blocks,partitions and chairs have been removed and broken portraits and machines lay scattered,reminiscent of the grandeur of the good old days. After December 31,when all departments shift to Nabanna,it will mark an end of a glorious era in Indian history.
Mandate is against Congress corruption,Rahul,Sonia
kolkata: BJP MP Smriti Irani who was in Kolkata today described the party’s success in the assembly elections as an indication of its win in the Lok Sabha elections. I think the BJP is poised for a decisive victory in 2014,” she said,adding that people wanted to have a BJP-led government at the Centre.
She said the anti-Congress votes were against the corruption rampant in the Congress as well as against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. Apolitical parties willing to be part of the country’s development will be able to recognise people’s support towards BJP because they want good governance.” Irani also alleged that the Congress tried many stunts such as Food Security Bill while emphasising that government policies needed proper implementation like the way it had been in BJP-ruled states of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
On the criticism of BJPs Narendra Modi by the TMC and CPM,she said,”Commenting on Modi has almost become routine for many leaders and parties but people are coming out in large numbers in support of Narendra Modi in his rallies across the country because they have seen development in Gujarat.”
About the rise of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi ,Irani said the rise of any party was good for the health of democracy. But in Delhi,people have given the right to form the government to the BJP.