Reshuffle on the cards
Trinamool Congress ministers are keeping their fingers crossed when Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will preside over a review meeting of all departments,which will be attended by all the ministers,secretaries and joint secretaries of all departments. Grapevine has it that on the basis of the report card of the ministers Mamata may go in for a reshuffle.
There was a sense of disappointment among members in the Assembly who came to attend Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumars lecture on the first day of the closing ceremony of the platinum jubilee celebrations. Kumars lacklustre and intellectually hollow speech on Challenges before the democracy,led to a member quipping, She did not touch upon any issue.
The worst was to follow the next day when speakers from the Trinamool Congress spoke on the topic.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Such was the effect on the members that most in the House dozed off.
Writers Buildings resembles an old and deserted zamindar house. The wooden blocks,partitions and chairs have been removed and broken portraits and machines lay scattered,reminiscent of the grandeur of the good old days. After December 31,when all departments shift to Nabanna,it will mark an end of a glorious era in Indian history.
Mandate is against Congress corruption,Rahul,Sonia
kolkata: BJP MP Smriti Irani who was in Kolkata today described the party’s success in the assembly elections as an indication of its win in the Lok Sabha elections. I think the BJP is poised for a decisive victory in 2014,” she said,adding that people wanted to have a BJP-led government at the Centre.
She said the anti-Congress votes were against the corruption rampant in the Congress as well as against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. Apolitical parties willing to be part of the country’s development will be able to recognise people’s support towards BJP because they want good governance.” Irani also alleged that the Congress tried many stunts such as Food Security Bill while emphasising that government policies needed proper implementation like the way it had been in BJP-ruled states of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
On the criticism of BJPs Narendra Modi by the TMC and CPM,she said,”Commenting on Modi has almost become routine for many leaders and parties but people are coming out in large numbers in support of Narendra Modi in his rallies across the country because they have seen development in Gujarat.”
About the rise of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi ,Irani said the rise of any party was good for the health of democracy. But in Delhi,people have given the right to form the government to the BJP.