AFTER SPENDING 13 days in hospital, Trinamool Congress MP and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek Banerjee was released on Monday evening from Belle Vue Clinic, where he was under treatment following a road accident earlier this month.
The medical board constituted to look after Abhishek took the decision after a check-up, a senior official at Belle Vue said. Among the 19-member medical board, 17 doctors met on Monday from 4 pm to 7 pm and decided to release him.
“He can move about freely and has been asked to follow normal diet… He has been prescribed a 15-day bed rest. For about 10 to 15 days, no visitors would be allowed to meet him to avoid any risk of an infection. If need be, a doctor’s team would visit him at his residence,” the official said.
Trinamool leaders, including Mukul Roy, Indranil Sen, Subrata Bakshi, Sovan Chatterjee and Manas Bhunia were present at Belle Vue in the evening when Abhishek was released. When Abhishek was left the hospital, he was wearing black glares. He was greeted by his supporters, who had been waiting outside the hospital.
According to an earlier bulletin issued in the morning by Belle Vue Clinic, where the Trinamool youth wing president underwent a surgery for an “orbital floor fracture”, he was allowed free mobilisation and a normal diet from Monday. “His superficial stitches of lacerated wound over the left cheek were comfortably removed yesterday forenoon while the most important stitches within the eye/orbit area shall be removed in due course after appropriate planning by the medical board,” the bulletin had added. Doctors said these stitches would be severed on November 3 of 4.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Abhishek’s car had met with an accident on National Highway-2, near Singur, in Hooghly district on October 18. A 12-member team of surgeons had conducted the surgery a week later on October 25.