The results declared by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) on Monday saw Kolkata students topping both Class X and XII examinations.
In ISC (Class XII) results, the top rank was secured by Arka Chatterjee from Vivekanand Mission School in Kolkata, who scored 99.75 per cent marks. The top position in ICSE (Class X) results was bagged by Sougata Chowdhury of St Xavier’s Collegiate School.
With 99.20 per cent marks, Sougata shared the position with Ananya Harshad Patwardhan from Mumbai’s Chatrabhuj Narsee Memorial School and Tezan Papan Sahu of St Mary’s ICSE School in Navi Mumbai.
- ICSE, ISC Boards 2018: CISCE reduces passing marks, new criteria introduced
- ICSE exams to start on February 26, ISC on February 7
- ISC 2017: Ananya Maity is topper, Kolkata students bag 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots in ISC exams
- ICSE, ISC results 2017 declared, girls outperform boys yet again
- ICSE and ISC results declared; girls outshine boys
- Girls outdo boys in ICSE,ISC Boards
Moreover, while Rounak Agarwal of DPS Mega City and Priyanka Sen from G D Birla Centre for Education stood joint second with 99.5 per cent, Meghdeepa Sengupta and Megha Chakraborty from G D Birla Centre for Education came joint third with 99.25 per cent marks in the Class XII exams.
“I was expecting a good result but definitely not the top position,” Arka said, adding that while he had not taken any tuitions, he used to study for eight to 10 hours every day.
As many as 1,59,738 students have sat for ICSE exams this year. Among them, 29,903 were from West Bengal.
Out of the total 72,049 students who took ISC exam