The state government Saturday suspended Rishikesh Meena, an IPS officer of the 2004 batch, after his IAS officer wife Archana Meena lodged a complaint with the Hare Street police station, alleging domestic violence, attempt to murder and dowry demands. The suspension order was issued today by the state home department, said a senior official.
Rishikesh had joined as special superintendent of the Intelligence branch seven days ago.
Archana is commissioner of the Backward Class Welfare (BCW) department. The couple have been married for seven years.
According to sources, Archana has produced evidence before the detective department of the Kolkata police to support her complaint. Sources said she had filed a complaint against her husband in the past as well, but that time Rishikesh was let off with a warning.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
However, this time the detective department is said to have been directed by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to take all necessary steps to complete the investigation process. Issuing the suspension order is first step to be taken against Rishikesh, a senior police officer said.
“The police directorate would initiate a departmental inquiry soon. Criminal investigation against him would take place simultaneously,” said the officer.