For the first time in West Bengal, Police Medals and commendation awards were conferred to IPS officers and officials of various departments for their distinguished service by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Independence Day.
The Chief Minister’s Police Medal for Outstanding Service was conferred on Kolkata Police Commissioner Surojit Kar Purokayastha, Bidhannagar Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar and IGP Western Zone Siddhi Nath Gupta.
Chief Minister’s Police Medal for Commendable Service were conferred on Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central Division, Devendra Prakash Singh, Superintendent of Police, Burdwan district, S M H Meerza and Superintendent of Police, West Midnapore district, Bharati Ghosh.
The state government departments which received the award for commendable service were department for Rural and Panchayat development, women and child welfare, fianance, small scale industries, health and family welfare.
The district administration of Hoogly, Nadia, Burdwan and Birbhum were also conferred awards for commendable service.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
People across West Bengal today celebrated the 68th Independence Day taking out colourful processions, organising parades and cultural programmes.
In Kolkata, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee unfurled the tricolour on Red Road and received a guard of honour from the Kolkata police.
Cultural programmes were held by school children and various artistes at the Red Road venue showcasing the cultural heritage of the country.
In the districts, political parties hoisted flags at party offices and organised cultural shows, some of which began from the previous night.
Security has been tightened in the metropolis and bordering districts of West Bengal for the occasion.