A row erupted within the Trinamool Congress Tuesday when party MP from Bolpur in Birbhum, Anupam Hazra, posted a morphed photo on his Facebook page on the occasion of “bhai-phonta” in which he is depicted as “a brother” and district party chief Anubrata Mondal has been depicted as his “sister”.
The photograph posted by the first-time MP is a morphed version of the one the one party president and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had uploaded on her Facebook page Monday to greet people on the occasion of “bhai phonta”. However, the photo uploaded by the MP shows Mondal as a saree-clad “sister” putting a tilak on Hazra’s forehead.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The MP had also put up an explanatory note with the post. “Bhai-fota signifies an occasion of building strong bonding where one prays for his loved one’s safety and prosperity…..so this could have been the “Best Bhai-fota of West Bengal”…hope those golden days will come back soon,” the post read. Hazra also urged “not to misinterpret” the post as it was “a symbolic presentation of love n affection between two people, who once used to share a strong bonding like a family.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The post, however, has not gone down well with Mondal. “He is crazy. He has lost his marbles and that is why he has lost his job as college professor. I don’t want to react to this,” he said.
Asked if he would go to the party high command against the MP, he said, “Yes, of course. I will tell Didi (Mamata).”
With his post facing flak from several quarters, Hazra again took the Facebook to give an explanation. In a 12-minute video, the MP claimed that his previous post was meant to “symbolise the bonding” he and Mondal once shared. He said that ‘Kesto Kaku’ (Kesto uncle, a term he used for Mondal) is surrounded by opportunists who have poisoned his ears against the MP. “I have been presented as a villain in my own constituency. They say that I am never available. How can I be when block presidents have been instructed not to invite me to events?” he asked.
He claimed that if portraying Mondal in a saree was an offence then next time he would reverse the role in his next post.
Sometime ago, Mondal had complained to party high command against Hazra alleging that he had stalled all development activities in the constituency. Senior party leader Derek O’ Brien had then summoned Hazra, who in turn had accused Mondal of keeping him away from all events and accused the district party chief’s supporters of manhandling him. Derek had reportedly issued a warning to both leaders, asking them to sort out their differences.