Claiming that the electoral contest in Bengal is between the Trinamool Congress and BJP, and not between TMC and CPM, senior BJP leader and candidate from Hooghly Lok Sabha seat Chandan Mitra said it is the CM who has established this fact.
“Mamata Banerjee and other senior BJP leaders are attacking the BJP everyday, as they now see the BJP as a threat. A few days ago, they had said the BJP was not a factor in Bengal. Everyday, however, the CM criticises BJP, proving that the electoral contest in Bengal is between BJP and TMC and not between TMC and CPM,” said Mitra Saturday.
The national executive committee member insisted there was a strong undercurrent of support for BJP in Bengal. Though he refused to make any speculation on the number of seats that the BJP may bag in the state, Mitra said the party will witness “unprecedented results”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Alleging threat and intimidation of to BJP supporters, Mitra demanded deployment of central paramilitary forces in his constituency. “The Central paramilitary forces must be deployed to ensure free and fair polls,” he said, alleging rampant hooliganism by the TMC workers across the state.