The killing of the North Brook jute mill CEO on Sunday has put a question mark on the survival of the jute industry in West Bengal, an umbrella body of the mills said.
Denouncing the killing of North Brook mill CEO, S.K Maheswari, former chairman of Indian Jute Mills Association (IJMA) and industrialist, Sanjay Kajaria said the “heinous” act has made the survival of the ailing jute industry uncertain and blamed the Centre and the state government for neglecting the sector.
“Jute sector needs a political solution. Both the Centre and the West Bengal government need to set differences aside and discuss the issue to figure out an amicable solution to prevent such incidents (in future),” Kajaria said. There is an urgent need to remove misunderstanding and tension between the management and workers of jute mills, he said, describing the incident as “very, very sad and unfortunate”.
In Kajaria’s opinion, the issue “basically relates to law and order problem in the area” which requires the state administration’s attention. The chairman of IJMA, Raghav Gupta, was not available for comments on account of being abroad. The North Brook jute mill is owned by Prakash Choraria, who also could not be contacted for his reaction
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn