The killing of the North Brook jute mill CEO on Sunday has put a question mark on the survival of the jute industry in West Bengal, an umbrella body of the mills said.
Denouncing the killing of North Brook mill CEO, S.K Maheswari, former chairman of Indian Jute Mills Association (IJMA) and industrialist, Sanjay Kajaria said the “heinous” act has made the survival of the ailing jute industry uncertain and blamed the Centre and the state government for neglecting the sector.
“Jute sector needs a political solution. Both the Centre and the West Bengal government need to set differences aside and discuss the issue to figure out an amicable solution to prevent such incidents (in future),” Kajaria said. There is an urgent need to remove misunderstanding and tension between the management and workers of jute mills, he said, describing the incident as “very, very sad and unfortunate”.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In Kajaria’s opinion, the issue “basically relates to law and order problem in the area” which requires the state administration’s attention. The chairman of IJMA, Raghav Gupta, was not available for comments on account of being abroad. The North Brook jute mill is owned by Prakash Choraria, who also could not be contacted for his reaction