The West Bengal Assembly Thursday unanimously passed a motion against the railway budget saying that the state has been neglected. The rail budget 2014-15 has deprived Bengal and there have been no substantial proposals for Bengal.
There was no allotment of funds for ongoing projects for Bengal and the rail budget has no vision, the motion stated. The motion was moved by minister Partha Chatterjee and supported by all parties including CPI-M, Congress, and SUCI.
“This is planned step to deprive Bengal. I thank all of you that you all have supported this motion. The way the rail budget has deprived Bengal is condemnable. The central government should withdraw its decision to allow FDI in railways,” Chatterjee said. Speaking on the motion TMC Chief Whip Shovandeb Chattopadhaya criticised the Centre accusing it of trying to sell off the railways and defence to foreign powers.
“This step will affect the sovereignty of our country,” Chattopadhaya said. The motion also protested the petrol price hike and for depriving the state from the proposed diamond quadrilateral.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More