The Calcutta High Court Monday asked West Bengal DGP to act by Thursday on the alleged inflammatory statements made by Birbhum district president of Trinamool Congress in connection with the murder of an independent panchayat member’s father at Parui.
After going through the video footage submitted by two vernacular dailies, Justice Dipankar Dutta asked the DGP to view it and take necessary action.
The CDs purportedly showed Mondal making inflammatory statements including that to throw bombs on police and administration officials, at a public meeting on July 17, 2013, four days before Sagar Ghosh, who’s son fought the panchayat polls as an independent after quitting TMC, was murdered at his home by some miscreants.
After watching the footage, a visibly irked Justice Dutta asked why the DGP failed to take any steps against Mondal in the last nine month.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“How did the police administration and DGP remained silent for nine months despite a political leader instigating people to attack the police with the bombs? I have faith in the police and I want to see what steps DGP takes by Thursday.If political leaders think they are above the law, then I have also taken the oath to safeguard the law,” Justice Dutta said
The high court had on December 23 directed the CID to investigate murder charges against Mondal and 40 others, accused in the killing of Sagar Ghosh after the panchayat polls last year.
Justice Dutta had earlier expressed displeasure at shoddy investigation by CID officers in the murder of Ghosh at Parui in Birbhum district and had asked the DGP to form a SIT to investigate the case.
As such, a four-member SIT headed by ADG CID Ramphal Pawar was formed to investigate case.
Sagar Ghosh was shot on July 21 last year at his home and succumbed to his injuries at a hospital two days later. Two women from Ghosh’s family had told the SIT that Mondal had threatened the family. Sagar’s son Hriday had quit Trinamool Congress and contested and won the panchayat poll as an Independent from Kasba village.