BJP MP Varun Gandhi Friday asked the Bengal government if it had fixed the price of its women’s ijjat at Rs 1 lakh.
“Every week a rape case is coming to the fore and the CM is paying Rs 1 lakh to the victim’s family. I would like to know if she has fixed the price of the ijjat of a woman in Bengal at Rs 1 lakh?’’ he asked. Varun was addressing a rally at Titagarh in North-24 Parganas district.
On the Birbhum gangrape case, Gandhi said the safety of women in West Bengal is at stake, especially as the state has a lady as its chief minister. “It is a shame that almost every day a rape is taking place. What is the police doing? We are baffled,’’ the BJP leader said.
Gandhi also criticised the state government’s inept role in tackling the chit fund scam and alleged that most of the leaders from the party were suspected to be involved in the scam. “One of their MP is in jail now. Why does not the government get it probed by some impartial agency. Only then will the truth come out.”
The BJP leader asked the people to vote for BJP as only Narendra Modi can bring about development in the country. “Congress has destroyed everything, the economy, and social stability. It is time to vote for the BJP that has taken up the task to uplift the poor,’’ he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More