BJP MP Varun Gandhi Friday asked the Bengal government if it had fixed the price of its women’s ijjat at Rs 1 lakh.
“Every week a rape case is coming to the fore and the CM is paying Rs 1 lakh to the victim’s family. I would like to know if she has fixed the price of the ijjat of a woman in Bengal at Rs 1 lakh?’’ he asked. Varun was addressing a rally at Titagarh in North-24 Parganas district.
On the Birbhum gangrape case, Gandhi said the safety of women in West Bengal is at stake, especially as the state has a lady as its chief minister. “It is a shame that almost every day a rape is taking place. What is the police doing? We are baffled,’’ the BJP leader said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Gandhi also criticised the state government’s inept role in tackling the chit fund scam and alleged that most of the leaders from the party were suspected to be involved in the scam. “One of their MP is in jail now. Why does not the government get it probed by some impartial agency. Only then will the truth come out.”
The BJP leader asked the people to vote for BJP as only Narendra Modi can bring about development in the country. “Congress has destroyed everything, the economy, and social stability. It is time to vote for the BJP that has taken up the task to uplift the poor,’’ he added.