West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan Sunday said he is against the existence of kangaroo courts and said such courts should be put down by all state governments.
“Kangaroo courts are no courts at all. Not only the state government, but all state governments must put down these kangaroo courts…There is only one law and one justice,” he said.
The Governor said he was satisfied by the steps taken by the state government but expressed regret that the horrific incident could not be prevented.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“We have not managed to prevent it though action has been taken,” he said when asked whether he is satisfied with the steps taken by the government in connection with the gangrape of a 20-year-old tribal woman.
The 13 accused in the gangrape have been remanded in police custody for 13 days.