The West Bengal BJP Thursday said Governor M K Narayanan has expressed concern over the attacks on party supporters by the ruling Trinamool Congress workers in Sandeshkahli area of North-24 Parganas last month.
“The Governor wanted to meet us regarding the prevailing post-poll violence in the state. He had gathered a lot of information especially about the attacks on BJP supporters by TMC workers.
“He also sought information from our party delegation. Since President Pranab Mukherjee is arriving here, we believe the Governor would meet him with a detailed report about the situation here,” state BJP chief Rahul Sinha said. Sinha said the Governor inquired about those who had been attacked. “He also inquired about those who are in hospital. I think that he will report to the President,” he added.
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
Sinha said the attacks on BJP workers was still continuing. Citing the attack on BJP cadres at Panchannagram Wednesday, he said a party delegation will visit the place to take stock of “the planned attack unleashed by the TMC.”
Referring to the Sandeshkhali attack he said that 11 of the 13 who were admitted to the hospital with bullet injuries, were forcefully released. “We have been told by senior doctors of the hospital that they were under pressure to release the patients. Such is the state government’s inhuman attitude that they are playing dirty politics over the injured,” Sinha said, adding that the Mamata Benerjee government has even gone to the extent of filing false cases against the victims.
Asked if they would meet the Chief Minister, like the CPM leaders who would be meeting her on June 9, he said, “We don’t want to meet her because we don’t see any point in it. The CPM is going to meet her to seek political shelter and in the near future they (TMC and BJP) would join hands to fight the BJP.”