The West Bengal BJP Thursday said Governor M K Narayanan has expressed concern over the attacks on party supporters by the ruling Trinamool Congress workers in Sandeshkahli area of North-24 Parganas last month.
“The Governor wanted to meet us regarding the prevailing post-poll violence in the state. He had gathered a lot of information especially about the attacks on BJP supporters by TMC workers.
“He also sought information from our party delegation. Since President Pranab Mukherjee is arriving here, we believe the Governor would meet him with a detailed report about the situation here,” state BJP chief Rahul Sinha said. Sinha said the Governor inquired about those who had been attacked. “He also inquired about those who are in hospital. I think that he will report to the President,” he added.
Sinha said the attacks on BJP workers was still continuing. Citing the attack on BJP cadres at Panchannagram Wednesday, he said a party delegation will visit the place to take stock of “the planned attack unleashed by the TMC.”
Referring to the Sandeshkhali attack he said that 11 of the 13 who were admitted to the hospital with bullet injuries, were forcefully released. “We have been told by senior doctors of the hospital that they were under pressure to release the patients. Such is the state government’s inhuman attitude that they are playing dirty politics over the injured,” Sinha said, adding that the Mamata Benerjee government has even gone to the extent of filing false cases against the victims.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Asked if they would meet the Chief Minister, like the CPM leaders who would be meeting her on June 9, he said, “We don’t want to meet her because we don’t see any point in it. The CPM is going to meet her to seek political shelter and in the near future they (TMC and BJP) would join hands to fight the BJP.”