A girl, her younger sister and their mother suffered serious burn injuries after a youth threw acid on them allegedly because the girl had turned down his offer for marriage.
Shakir Mohammad, 21, is absconding after throwing acid on Rupsha, her younger sister Rooptaj and their mother Nasreen Bibi at Raturia village in East Midnapore under Panskura police station.
The youth wanted to marry Rupsha, a class XII student. His offer was turned down both by the girl and her family. To avenge that, around 2 am, Shakir threw acid from the window inside the room where Rupsha, her mother and younger sister were asleep. The three suffered severe injuries.
They were taken to the district hospital from where the youngest victim was referred to Kolkata. Doctors said she might lose both her eyes.
A case has been started at Panskura police station. “The accused has been absconding since last night. We have conducted raids at several places and we hope to nab him soon,” said an official at the Panskura PS.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest