A girl, her younger sister and their mother suffered serious burn injuries after a youth threw acid on them allegedly because the girl had turned down his offer for marriage.
Shakir Mohammad, 21, is absconding after throwing acid on Rupsha, her younger sister Rooptaj and their mother Nasreen Bibi at Raturia village in East Midnapore under Panskura police station.
The youth wanted to marry Rupsha, a class XII student. His offer was turned down both by the girl and her family. To avenge that, around 2 am, Shakir threw acid from the window inside the room where Rupsha, her mother and younger sister were asleep. The three suffered severe injuries.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
They were taken to the district hospital from where the youngest victim was referred to Kolkata. Doctors said she might lose both her eyes.
A case has been started at Panskura police station. “The accused has been absconding since last night. We have conducted raids at several places and we hope to nab him soon,” said an official at the Panskura PS.