Suspended Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Kunal Ghosh Tuesday revealed names of a cabinet minister,TMC MP and a former IPS officer to Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials in Kolkata.
Ghosh who was grilled by the ED officials for three hours Tuesday named state transport minister Madan Mitra,TMC MP Srinjay Bose and former IPS officer Rajat Majumdar.
Ghosh who has already been interrogated by the Serious Fraud Investigation Office twice,had received summons October 27,directing him to appear before the ED Tuesday for questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam.
Speaking to mediapersons after his interrogation,Ghosh said he had told interrogators that state transport minister Madan Mitra would be able to give more information about the property and various projects of Saradha CMD Sudipta Sen in Bishnupur in South 24 Paraganas.
I was asked about Sens property in Bishnupur. I told them that Madan Mitra would know about it,as he is the MLA from Bishnupur.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
However,speaking to mediapersons,Mitra said: It is unfortunate that Ghosh is dropping names. People living in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
Ghosh further said: I was asked about the deal between Sangbad Pratidin and the Saradha group. I told them a deal was signed between TMC MP Srinjay Bose and Sudipta Sen. Hence,he would be in a better position to provide information on the deal.
The ED team also inquired about the foreign tour undertaken by the Saradha group chairman. The ED inquired about the trip to Las Vegas,arranged by former IPS officer Rajat Majumdar. I did not go on the trip, he said.
Meanwhile,Ghosh also requested ED to arrange for a meeting with Sudipta Sen,who is ED custody.
I have requested for a meeting with Sudipta Sen in their presence. They are considering my request, he said.