Suspended Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Kunal Ghosh Tuesday revealed names of a cabinet minister,TMC MP and a former IPS officer to Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials in Kolkata.
Ghosh who was grilled by the ED officials for three hours Tuesday named state transport minister Madan Mitra,TMC MP Srinjay Bose and former IPS officer Rajat Majumdar.
Ghosh who has already been interrogated by the Serious Fraud Investigation Office twice,had received summons October 27,directing him to appear before the ED Tuesday for questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Speaking to mediapersons after his interrogation,Ghosh said he had told interrogators that state transport minister Madan Mitra would be able to give more information about the property and various projects of Saradha CMD Sudipta Sen in Bishnupur in South 24 Paraganas.
I was asked about Sens property in Bishnupur. I told them that Madan Mitra would know about it,as he is the MLA from Bishnupur.
However,speaking to mediapersons,Mitra said: It is unfortunate that Ghosh is dropping names. People living in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
Ghosh further said: I was asked about the deal between Sangbad Pratidin and the Saradha group. I told them a deal was signed between TMC MP Srinjay Bose and Sudipta Sen. Hence,he would be in a better position to provide information on the deal.
The ED team also inquired about the foreign tour undertaken by the Saradha group chairman. The ED inquired about the trip to Las Vegas,arranged by former IPS officer Rajat Majumdar. I did not go on the trip, he said.
Meanwhile,Ghosh also requested ED to arrange for a meeting with Sudipta Sen,who is ED custody.
I have requested for a meeting with Sudipta Sen in their presence. They are considering my request, he said.