Three days after the Aam Aadmi Party fielded three candidates in West Bengal, the splinter group of AAP, called Gareeb Aadmi Party (GAP) too announced candidates in two constituencies in the state Tuesday for the Lok Sabha elections.
GAP was formed in February after a group of disillusioned party members broke away from the AAP and created their own party. The GAP members call themselves the original volunteers of the AAP. GAP leaders claimed that at least 400 volunteers from the AAP have joined them in the last month.
“Everyday people are leaving AAP. They are disillusioned. We joined AAP to fight against corruption. But now we are seeing that many corrupt people are in important positions in the party. We were the oldest volunteers of AAP and we had been there since the IAC movement led by Anna ji,” said Vandana Singh, president of the GAP (Bengal chapter). The party has fielded two candidates in Howrah and Asansol.
“We were told that the party volunteers can take local decisions. But now we are seeing that rich and powerful volunteers who joined the party a couple of months ago are getting utmost importance. They do not want to hear from the volunteers. Had we been in any other party, we would have accepted this. But we joined AAP because it promised a corruption free platform and a place where there would be no hierarchy,” said Sanchai Mitra, general secretary of the GAP.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched