Four people have been arrested while an FIR has been registered against senior CPM leader and former minister, Kanti Ganguly, for the murder of four Trinamool Congress workers, Saturday night at Khari village in Raidighi in South 24-Parganas.
Sources said four TMC workers — Hassan Gaji, Hafizul Gaji, Atiyar Mollah and Chhopu Mollah — died on the spot while three others are undergoing treatment at Diamond Harbor sub-division hospital after a group of CPM workers allegedly hurled bombs at them and then attacked them with choppers.
Superintendent of Police, South-24 Parganas, Praveen Kumar Tripathi, said the four persons who were arrested late last night were produced in court today and sent to 10-day police custody. A team of TMC leaders led by party general secretary Mukul Roy visited the spot today. The team also comprised senior education minister Partha Chatterjee, mayor Sovan Chatterjee, newly elected MP Abhishek Banerjee and state committee member Shiuli Saha.
Chatterjee alleged that the CPM and BJP launched the attack together. “BJP delegations from the Centre come here for no reason and instigate people. The CPM goons, too, have joined BJP workers here and have carried out this gruesome act on instigation of leaders like Kanti Ganguly,” he said and added he would urge the CM to take strict action against those behind the killings.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Monday and Tuesday would be observed as Black Day and Anti-violence Day, respectively. “A protest march would be taken out in different parts of the state. Party workers would wear black badges and carry black flags to condemn the CPM and BJP for the attack,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ganguly, on the other hand, rubbished the allegations and blamed factional clash between the TMC for the killings. “It is a result of
the clash between the new and old groups within the TMC,” he said. Asked about his name in the FIR and his probable arrest, he said, “Anyone can name anyone in an FIR. It is the job of the police to investigate and find out.”