Maverick CPI(M) leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah, one of the party’s key Muslim faces in West Bengal who had repeatedly trashed the party leadership as “incompetent and authoritarian”, was today expelled for “serious anti-party activities”.
Announcing the expulsion of Mollah, the state CPI(M) in a statement here said the action was taken against him for “serious anti-party activities and for tarnishing the party’s image in the eye of the people”.
It said that the CPI(M) invoked Article 19(13) of its constitution to expel Mollah, the minister for land and land reforms in the erstwhile Left Front government, and the decision to this effect was taken at the meeting of the party’s state secretariat during the day.
Reacting to the decision of the party, Mollah who often crossed swords with former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on several issues including his industrial policies, told PTI “I welcome the decision”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More