Two persons were killed and eight injured when a crude bomb they were making exploded at Kusumgaria village under Labhpur police station in Birbhum district Monday, the police said.
The explosion blew away a part of the tin roof of the house, belonging to Ismail Sheikh, a local Trinamool Congress leader, Birbhum SP Rashid Munir Khan said. The deceased have been identified as Sheikh Hasem, resident of Kajipara, and Sheikh Borjahan, who lived in Dwarka.
The incident took place when the duo were making crude bombs allegedly with the help of experts brought in from the adjacent areas. Sources said the bombs were to be used during the polls. Birbum goes to poll on April 30.
The blast was so strong that a motor cycle kept near the affected house fell into a nearby pond. It was later fished out by the police. Parts of the human body were also seen strewn all over the place.
Senior police official including additional SP Ananda Roy and officials of the bomb disposal squad reached the spot. Police sources said that the bodies were found in a field, about 200 metres away from the place of incident. “It was not possible that the bodies got blown away to that place. It clearly indicates that the bodies were being whisked away but as we arrived, they were dumped in the field,” said a senior police official.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We are carrying out raids to find out if there were other bodies but so far we have found nothing,” Roy said.
He also said that the bombs were being made inside a cow shed behind Sheikh Ismail’s house. “There were no one at his house. There has been no arrests so far,” he said.
Political blame game had already started after the event. “The house belonged to a TMC worker and those who were making the bomb also belonged to the TMC. It shows that they are preparing to unleash terror during the polling,” said a senior CPM leader.
TMC district president, Anubrata Mondal, however, said, “Ismail is a Forward Bloc supporter. The TMC has nothing to do with him.”