In further embarrassment to the ruling Trinamool Congress in Bengal, the Enforcement Directorate has again summoned party’s Rajya Sabha MP Srinjoy Bose for further questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam.
Sources in the central probe agency said at least 100 summons have been issued to various individuals who were related in some capacity to the Saradha Group of companies. These include MPs, retired police and government officials, important political functionaries of TMC, Congress and CPM and to a couple of artists and actors.
As per sources, Bose, who has already appeared before the agency, has also been called again. Despite several attempts, Bose could not be contacted. Bose had earlier said that he had an association with the company, but it ended in 2012 on account of unpaid dues and bounced cheques. Meanwhile, the agency had also summoned former DGP Rajat Majumdar who appeared before the investigators a couple of days ago. However, the interrogation process for Majumdar is yet to be over, said a senior ED official.
Majumdar was security advisor in the company and he quit in 2012. He is said to have admitted to the sleuths that he tried to get donation from Saradha chief Sudipta Sen for sponsoring an event in the USA, though the event was later cancelled.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016