In further embarrassment to the ruling Trinamool Congress in Bengal, the Enforcement Directorate has again summoned party’s Rajya Sabha MP Srinjoy Bose for further questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam.
Sources in the central probe agency said at least 100 summons have been issued to various individuals who were related in some capacity to the Saradha Group of companies. These include MPs, retired police and government officials, important political functionaries of TMC, Congress and CPM and to a couple of artists and actors.
As per sources, Bose, who has already appeared before the agency, has also been called again. Despite several attempts, Bose could not be contacted. Bose had earlier said that he had an association with the company, but it ended in 2012 on account of unpaid dues and bounced cheques. Meanwhile, the agency had also summoned former DGP Rajat Majumdar who appeared before the investigators a couple of days ago. However, the interrogation process for Majumdar is yet to be over, said a senior ED official.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Majumdar was security advisor in the company and he quit in 2012. He is said to have admitted to the sleuths that he tried to get donation from Saradha chief Sudipta Sen for sponsoring an event in the USA, though the event was later cancelled.