The Enforcement Directorate on Wednesday questioned K Jayaraman, DIG (modernisation and coordination), in connection with the Siliguri Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA) scam worth nearly Rs 200 crore.
The investigation agency is investigating the scam under the prevention of money laundering act, with the former Siliguri district magistrate Godala Kiran Kumar, who was the chief executive officer of SJDA when the alleged scam took place, as the prime accused in the case.
Jayaraman, who was put on compulsory waiting a day after he arrested Kumar on December 1 last year, was called by the investigators on Wednesday “to answer a few queries” in connection with the case. The ED officials, who spoke to Kumar for over four hours, later said that the officer has supported the investigation to a great extent.
It has been learnt that the investigators are currently in the possession of documents detailing bribe amounting to Rs 3 crore taken by the accused persons in the case. Further revelations point towards manipulation in several projects. Among them is the project involving dredging of river bed in SJDA area in which the 1,000 feet (for dredging) as mentioned in the initial project report was changed to 1,00,000, which shot up the resulting bill from Rs 8 lakh to Rs 8 crore.
The main accused, former IAS officer Kumar, is being probed in eight cases involving siphoning of funds meant for projects that were executed only on paper. The directorate had earlier interrogated Kumar last month and the investigators are expected to file the chargesheet in the case soon.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More