Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday accused CPM and Congress of trying to bring back Maoist violence in Jangalmahal region and vowed she will not allow the Naxals to return to the area.
Mamata, while addressing a public meeting at Kotshila in Purulia, highlighted the success of her government in restoring peace in Jangalmahal comprising Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore districts.
She said before her government took over 400 to 500 people used to be killed every year, including several policemen. “Many of the families were still waiting for the return of their missing members,” she said adding, however, that the days of fear were gone.
She vowed not to let the Maoists return to the region.
“Now there is peace,” she said asking those gathered whether they have heard the sound of gun now. And got an overwhelming reply of “no, no” from the crowd. “It is not the bullets, but ballots which is important,” she then thundered, saying once again “we will never allow terror to return to Jangalmahal.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
She also alleged that these parties were asking people to join the vote boycott call and urged them not to pay heed to such calls.