- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Didi vows not to let terror revisit Jangalmahal
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday accused CPM and Congress of trying to bring back Maoist violence in Jangalmahal region and vowed she will not allow the Naxals to return to the area.
Mamata, while addressing a public meeting at Kotshila in Purulia, highlighted the success of her government in restoring peace in Jangalmahal comprising Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore districts.
She said before her government took over 400 to 500 people used to be killed every year, including several policemen. “Many of the families were still waiting for the return of their missing members,” she said adding, however, that the days of fear were gone.
She vowed not to let the Maoists return to the region.
“Now there is peace,” she said asking those gathered whether they have heard the sound of gun now. And got an overwhelming reply of “no, no” from the crowd. “It is not the bullets, but ballots which is important,” she then thundered, saying once again “we will never allow terror to return to Jangalmahal.”
She also alleged that these parties were asking people to join the vote boycott call and urged them not to pay heed to such calls.