On A balmy Saturday afternoon in Nandigram, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee played the minority card to the hilt, and in the process, launched a scathing attack on the BJP.
“I want to tell my brothers of the minority community that they do not have to worry. Even if we have one chapatti we will give the other half to them,” she said.
Terming the BJP a “paper tiger”, the TMC chief made an impassioned appeal to abstain from voting for the saffron party.
“They say they will send our brothers and sisters to Bangladesh. Look at their audacity. I will appeal to you not to caste a single vote for them.”
“The media is creating an artificial hype and they have become a “paper tiger”. Face the real tiger first and then make tall claims”.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Attacking the CBI, she said: “What has the CBI done in Nandigram? Ten persons are still missing. People of Nandigam are yet to get justice. If the CBI cannot do anything, we will grant them justice”.
Stepping up the attack on BJP, Congress and CPM, she said: “They are sitting on a single branch of a tree and cutting it like Kalidasa. They will all fall on the ground.” Banerjee added the state government has undertaken key initiatives for development in Nandigram.
“We have spent Rs 196 crore for the implementation of several developmental projects in the region.”
The Trinamool Congress chief also added that the Centre had deducted Rs 1 lakh crore as interest from the state.