On A balmy Saturday afternoon in Nandigram, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee played the minority card to the hilt, and in the process, launched a scathing attack on the BJP.
“I want to tell my brothers of the minority community that they do not have to worry. Even if we have one chapatti we will give the other half to them,” she said.
Terming the BJP a “paper tiger”, the TMC chief made an impassioned appeal to abstain from voting for the saffron party.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“They say they will send our brothers and sisters to Bangladesh. Look at their audacity. I will appeal to you not to caste a single vote for them.”
“The media is creating an artificial hype and they have become a “paper tiger”. Face the real tiger first and then make tall claims”.
Attacking the CBI, she said: “What has the CBI done in Nandigram? Ten persons are still missing. People of Nandigam are yet to get justice. If the CBI cannot do anything, we will grant them justice”.
Stepping up the attack on BJP, Congress and CPM, she said: “They are sitting on a single branch of a tree and cutting it like Kalidasa. They will all fall on the ground.” Banerjee added the state government has undertaken key initiatives for development in Nandigram.
“We have spent Rs 196 crore for the implementation of several developmental projects in the region.”
The Trinamool Congress chief also added that the Centre had deducted Rs 1 lakh crore as interest from the state.