Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday accused the Congress and BJP of forming a syndicate, and urged people not to give a single vote to the two parties.
Addressing a rally in Guwahati, the West Bengal chief minister said: “The Congress and BJP have formed dosti (friendship). They have established a syndicate. This has to be resisted,” while referring to the creation of Telangana state. “It is time for the people to bring a change,” she added.
While hitting out at the Congress for its “policy of political vendetta”, she slammed the BJP for projecting Narendra Modi, “a person who instigated communal riots, as its prime ministerial candidate”. “We had supported Atal Bihari Vajpayee because he was a respectable person,” she said referring to the TMC being a part of the NDA government, and added: “But we cannot support a person who instigated communal riots” without taking Narendra Modi’s name.
Banerjee also slammed the Tarun Gogoi government in Assam for “repeated instances of violence” in the state. “The Congress is in the habit of triggering off violence. Remember how thousands of people had to flee to my state (West Bengal) during the violence in Assam recently? You have been voting for the Congress for the last two terms in Assam. But why has peace not returned to Assam? Why is there so much violence, protests, atrocities, terror and tears?” she spoke in Bengal interspersed with few Assamese.
In a bid to strike a chord with local population, she said she knew all the Bengali songs sung by legendary Assamese singer Bhupen Hazarika by heart.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I have great admiration for him. I particularly like his ‘manuhe manuhor babey’ song in which he talks about universal brotherhood and humanity,” she said.
Criticising the UPA II government for its television campaign showcasing its achievements, Banerjee said: “Look at the election gimmick the Congress has launched. You can’t watch television. They claim they have made roads, they have made schools, they have made hospitals. As if others have done nothing, When elections come they release advertisements through television. The remaining five years they are not to be seen.”
She said her party’s agenda if it got the opportunity to share power at the Centre in the next government would be to bring a change in the land acquisition policy. “The current land acquisition policy is very bad,” she said.