Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday accused the Congress and BJP of forming a syndicate, and urged people not to give a single vote to the two parties.
Addressing a rally in Guwahati, the West Bengal chief minister said: “The Congress and BJP have formed dosti (friendship). They have established a syndicate. This has to be resisted,” while referring to the creation of Telangana state. “It is time for the people to bring a change,” she added.
While hitting out at the Congress for its “policy of political vendetta”, she slammed the BJP for projecting Narendra Modi, “a person who instigated communal riots, as its prime ministerial candidate”. “We had supported Atal Bihari Vajpayee because he was a respectable person,” she said referring to the TMC being a part of the NDA government, and added: “But we cannot support a person who instigated communal riots” without taking Narendra Modi’s name.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Banerjee also slammed the Tarun Gogoi government in Assam for “repeated instances of violence” in the state. “The Congress is in the habit of triggering off violence. Remember how thousands of people had to flee to my state (West Bengal) during the violence in Assam recently? You have been voting for the Congress for the last two terms in Assam. But why has peace not returned to Assam? Why is there so much violence, protests, atrocities, terror and tears?” she spoke in Bengal interspersed with few Assamese.
In a bid to strike a chord with local population, she said she knew all the Bengali songs sung by legendary Assamese singer Bhupen Hazarika by heart.
“I have great admiration for him. I particularly like his ‘manuhe manuhor babey’ song in which he talks about universal brotherhood and humanity,” she said.
Criticising the UPA II government for its television campaign showcasing its achievements, Banerjee said: “Look at the election gimmick the Congress has launched. You can’t watch television. They claim they have made roads, they have made schools, they have made hospitals. As if others have done nothing, When elections come they release advertisements through television. The remaining five years they are not to be seen.”
She said her party’s agenda if it got the opportunity to share power at the Centre in the next government would be to bring a change in the land acquisition policy. “The current land acquisition policy is very bad,” she said.