Claiming that the Congress was in a “coma” and BJP would be unable to form the government on its after the Lok Sabha elections, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Tuesday said it was time for the “like-minded forces” to capture power at the Centre.
“In the national scenario, Congress is in coma and BJP alone cannot form government. So, we have to unite like-minded forces and capture the power in the Centre,” Mamata, who had earlier given a call for a federal front, said launching her party’s campaign for the parliamentary polls in Left Front-ruled Tripura.
“While fighting alone with small friends we have to achieve our goal,” Mamata said, apparently referring to her party’s alliance with Jharkhand People’s Party Monday. “The Trinammol Congress must be a decisive force at the Centre and we have to capture power to protect the interests of the people,” she said.
Mentioning that a wave of change had come and power had to be captured in Delhi, Mamata said that the interests of states, especially the neglected Northeast and West Bengal, had to be protected.
Stating that CPI-M had been “packed off” from Bengal for its misrule, she said the same would happen in Tripura. “After poribortan (change) in Bengal, it is now time to see a change in Tripura,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Alleging a “nexus” between the Congress, BJP and CPM, she said, “It is a triangular love between the three parties. They did not do any good for the people.” She also criticised the division of Andhra Pradesh, saying it was possible because Congress and BJP were united on the issue.
Hitting out at Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, Mamata said she had decided to visit the state every three months. “He (sarkar) is going to West Bengal to disturb us. Now I have also decided to visit Tripura every three months to talk with the people here.”
She alleged that crime against women in Tripura was on the rise and the government remained a silent spectator because the “perpetrators were from the ruling party.” She alleged that the Left cadres had done the same thing earlier in Singur and Nandigram.
She said there was no development in Tripura in sharp contrast to the development taking place in her state under TMC. “They have no vision or mission and only action. And action means atrocities on common people,” she said, adding that there was a flurry of development work “happening in Bengal despite the financial crunch facing the state government”,
Mamata alleged that CPM would distribute cash doles and intimidate voters before the Lok Sabha polls. Her next stop would be Assam where she would address a rally Wednesday.
Trinamool Congress has recently set up a party unit in Tripura, which has two Lok Sabha seats.
Third Front a Communist ‘day dream’: TMC
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress Tuesday said the 11 parties forming an “alternative” to defeat Congress and BJP is “a Communist day-dream” and an attempt of the Left to exert their influence without responsibility. “Third Front was not just dead, but was never born,” TMC spokesperson Derek O’Brien said. “It is a hobby horse of the Communists, who want to use power of regional parties to manipulate their way to influence without responsibilities and to promote obsolete agendas,” he said, adding, that the Third Front is a “Communist day-dream”. PTI