Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday played down the growing criticism over the Saradha scam, saying it was a conspiracy hatched by the Congress and CPM during polls and said these conspiracies will end once results are declared on May 16.
Mamata said the chit funds began to mushroom in Bengal during the Left Front regime. “Now, they are trying to wash their hands off. Media houses who had taken advertisements worth crores from them are also responsible for the growth of chit funds.” She was addressing a rally at Sonarpur in South-24 Parganas Saturday evening.
RBI, Registrar of Companies and the Corporate Affairs ministry – all central agencies are responsible for monitoring chit fund companies, which were not allowed to flourish, she alleged.
She also defended her decision of not handing over the Saradha case to the CBI , saying it was another agency of the Congress-led government at the Centre. Citing cases such as Netai massacre in Junglemahal, Chhoto Angaria massacre in Midnapore, Nandigram policing firing case, Janneshwari train disaster, theft of the Nobel prize of Rabindranath Tagore from Visva Bharati, she said all the cases were being investigated by the CBI in Bengal, but not a single case was solved, she alleged.
On national scenario, Banerjee said the TMC will emerge the third largest political party and predicts a bigger role for the party at the Centre going forward. “No one will be able to stop the Trinamool from becoming the third largest political party.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She also took potshots at the Congress for using “agencies” to humiliate the TMC during polls. “Let them first face the countless scams of 2G, coal block allocation and helicopter deal. Congress has come to be associated with corruption while the BJP with communal politics…Both will be discarded by the public.”