A day ahead of the counting for the Lok Sabha elections, an apprehensive Left Front chairman Biman Bose expressed concern and doubts over the counting process. Demanding deployment of central police force at every counting centre, Bose said the Trinamool Congress “can do everything possible to get certain number of seats”.
“We have information that the TMC leaders are holding meetings today. They have decided to get certain number of seats which they have to get according to their leaders’ calculations. They will try to achieve the numbers by hook or by crook. We are afraid that the party will manipulate the counting system. They can do anything and everything to get the numbers,” Bose alleged.
He added: “We saw how the special observers did not perform their duties during the elections. Our polling agents were not allowed inside the booths. We are apprehensive that they might not allow our counting agents inside the counting centres now. Some of the police officials are acting as TMC workers.”
Meanwhile, five candidates of CPM, fielded in North 24 Parganas, on Thursday held a press conference to claim that the “elections in the district did not take place”.
“There were some areas (in the district) where voting did not take place. Most of the booths were captured and we were not allowed inside (the booths). The observers were silent spectators,” said Nurul Hooda, CPM’s candidate from the district.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Subhashini Ali, CPM candidate from Barrackpore, alleged that the “Election Commission could not control the situation in Bijpur and police officials acted like TMC workers”.