President Pranab Mukherjee Thursday appointed Bihar Governor Dr D Y Patil as acting Governor of West Bengal following M K Narayanan’s resignation.
“The President has accepted the resignation of Shri M K Narayanan, as Governor of West Bengal and has appointed Dr D Y Patil, Governor of Bihar, to discharge the functions of the Governor of West Bengal, in addition to his own duties,” a release from Rashtrapati Bhawan said. It said that until regular arrangements for the office of the Governor of West Bengal were made, Patil would be in charge.
Narayanan had resigned on June 30 after being prodded by the new NDA government to quit. Narayanan, a former IPS officer and director, Intelligence Bureau and the National Security Adviser, was appointed Governor in January 2010. His tenure was to end on January 15, 2015. Narayanan was recently questioned by CBI as a “witness” in the AgustaWestland VVIP helicopter deal probe.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls