CPI(M) today accused the UPA government of not taking any action on the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal and demanded a CBI probe into the scandal,saying it had ruined the lives of lakhs of people,mostly from the economically weaker sections.
Maintaining that the property of Saradha was not being confiscated to compensate the victims despite SEBI orders,party leader Sitaram Yechury said,More time is being given to this company to siphon off its assets and relocate them.
Asked whether the UPA government was not taking any action because of political reasons,he said,It is for them (UPA) to answer. But they are not working on it even after the Left parties met the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister and submitted detailed memoranda on the issue on a number of occasions.
Observing that governments in Tripura and Odisha have also sought CBI probe,Yechury said it was not necessary to await West Bengal government’s reference. CBI can be asked by the courts to take up the issue for investigation or it can take it up suo motu as well. So,West Bengal’s reference on the matter is not sacrosanct.
The CPI(M) has also submitted an adjournment motion to seek a debate on the fraudulent activities of non-banking companies like Saradha Group in both Houses of Parliament,Yechury and his senior colleague Basudeb Acharia said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Left parties today staged a protest sit-in inside the Parliament House complex to focus on the matter and were joined by SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav,they said.
TMC writes to Ansari for separate seat for Kunal in Parliament
Kolkata: The TMC has requested vice-president and Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari for separate seating arrangement for suspended party MP Kunal Ghosh,now under arrest in connection with the Saradha scam. The Trinamool Congress Parliamentary Party has written to the Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari that Ghosh has been suspended from the party. The chairman was also requested to reallocate his seat in the House,away from the group of TMC members, a party MP told PTI.
CPM promoted chit funds: TMC
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress Thursday accused CPI(M) of having promote chit funds in West Bengal during the erstwhile Left Front rule and claimed that the Mamata Banerjee government was taking firm action against such ponzi firms to safeguard the interests of the people. 100 per cent of irregular chit fund companies came into existence during the LF rule of 34 years. No new ponzi company has come into existence during our ongoing tenure. In fact,it is the CM who is taking firm action as she herself got the Saradha company chief arrested from Jammu and Kashmir within 72 hours of the scam being exposed, TMC parliamentary party chief Sudip Bandopadhyay said here.