The younger brother of ailing Congress leader and former union minister Priyaranjan Dasmunsi joined the Trinamool Congress Friday.
Satyaranjan Dasmunsi,who hails from Uttar Dinajpur district,and several other Congress leaders from north Bengal districts joined the ruling party in the presence of TMC general secretary Mukul Roy.
Satyaranjan,with the experience gained during his long political career,will strengthen our organisation in north Bengal, Roy said,welcoming the leaders.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While the Congress leadership claimed that Satyaranjan was never a party member,the leader claimed that he was elected a member of PCC in1972.
The membership was cancelled in 1992. I applied afresh for the membership,but did not get it. My elder brother used to give me a lot of responsibility in the party work,but lately I had been sidelined. Moreover,I did not see any face who can lead Congress in Bengal. The state can be developed only through the vision of (TMC chief) Mamata Banerjee.
Significantly,the switch over may pose a challenge in North Dinajpur district,which has remained a Congress turf. Priyanranjans wife and Union minister of state Deepa Dasmunsi is an MP from Raiganj Lok Sabha constituency in North Dinajpur. Deepa could not be contacted despite several attempts.
Meanwhile,state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said,Satyaranjan never held a significant position in Congress. He is only known as the brother of Priyaranjan Dasmunsi.
In last few months,a number of Congress leaders,including several councillors from municipalities in Nadia and Birbhum districts,have joined the TMC.