The younger brother of ailing Congress leader and former union minister Priyaranjan Dasmunsi joined the Trinamool Congress Friday.
Satyaranjan Dasmunsi,who hails from Uttar Dinajpur district,and several other Congress leaders from north Bengal districts joined the ruling party in the presence of TMC general secretary Mukul Roy.
Satyaranjan,with the experience gained during his long political career,will strengthen our organisation in north Bengal, Roy said,welcoming the leaders.
While the Congress leadership claimed that Satyaranjan was never a party member,the leader claimed that he was elected a member of PCC in1972.
The membership was cancelled in 1992. I applied afresh for the membership,but did not get it. My elder brother used to give me a lot of responsibility in the party work,but lately I had been sidelined. Moreover,I did not see any face who can lead Congress in Bengal. The state can be developed only through the vision of (TMC chief) Mamata Banerjee.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Significantly,the switch over may pose a challenge in North Dinajpur district,which has remained a Congress turf. Priyanranjans wife and Union minister of state Deepa Dasmunsi is an MP from Raiganj Lok Sabha constituency in North Dinajpur. Deepa could not be contacted despite several attempts.
Meanwhile,state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said,Satyaranjan never held a significant position in Congress. He is only known as the brother of Priyaranjan Dasmunsi.
In last few months,a number of Congress leaders,including several councillors from municipalities in Nadia and Birbhum districts,have joined the TMC.