Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday accused the BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of “inciting violence between communities” and said instead of raising voice against the neglect of West Bengal by the Centre, they were talking of driving Bengalis away.
She also lashed out at Modi for his remark that Bangladeshi immigrants would be sent packing after the Lok Sabha elections and slammed him for terming as refugees those who have come from that country and got citizenship here.
“Who are they calling refugees? People who have taken shelter in Bengal are the rightful citizens of the state…Comrade Modibabu you do not know who is called refugee,” the Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief said addressing an election meeting at Panihati in North-24 Parganas district
Warning the BJP leader, Mamata said: “If they dared touch even a single citizen of Bengal, we will not sit silently… They do not not know me…Instead of raising his voice against the neglect of Bengal, Modi is talking of driving Bengalis away.”
“Some parties are inciting violence between communities. This is the nadir of politics,” she said, adding that several thousand people from Assam have come to Bengal after ethnic violence broke out in that state. “I will keep them, I will provide them food and clothes and allow them to stay as long they want,” she said adding that people from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan and Gujarat were living in this state.
“How many Bengali MLAs does Gujarat have?” she asked, adding that “He (Modi) is nobody.”
She told Modi that he is a chief minister of a state, which is smaller than West Bengal. “You have 28 MPs. We have 42.” She said, BJP can never “become a banyan tree” as they are not inclusive.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016