Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has ordered a probe into the allegations of harrassment of a tribal girl by senior students following which she had to quit her studies, a senior minister said Tuesday.
“Chief Minister has asked the University (Vidyasagar University) officials to look into the matter and take action against students if they are found guilty,” state Education Minister Partha Chatterjee said.
The state has also arranged for her admission at the Jhargram Raj College, Chatterjee added.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The first-year physiology student quit Midnapore’s Raja Narendra Lal Khan Women’s College Monday and lodged complaints against two of her seniors alleging repeated harassment, police said.
Two senior girl students, the hostel superintendent Reena Paul and the sweeper were questioned during the day in this connection, they added.