Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has ordered a probe into the allegations of harrassment of a tribal girl by senior students following which she had to quit her studies, a senior minister said Tuesday.
“Chief Minister has asked the University (Vidyasagar University) officials to look into the matter and take action against students if they are found guilty,” state Education Minister Partha Chatterjee said.
The state has also arranged for her admission at the Jhargram Raj College, Chatterjee added.
The first-year physiology student quit Midnapore’s Raja Narendra Lal Khan Women’s College Monday and lodged complaints against two of her seniors alleging repeated harassment, police said.
Two senior girl students, the hostel superintendent Reena Paul and the sweeper were questioned during the day in this connection, they added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More