Inaugurating the Civil Services Study Centre in the city, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday invited students to participate in the conferences of the administrative officials to give them a first-hand experience of how the administration functions.
The state government holds regular meetings with the administrative officials of various levels after the change in guard.
The civil services centre, which will have a tie-up with with other institutions of national level, will provide training at concessional rates, the CM said. The study centre has been set up in Bidhannagar.
“We have been regularly holding administrative meetings involving district officials at all levels. Let students who aspire to join the administrative services be present at those meetings. This will afford them a firsthand experience of how the administration functions,” said Banerjee.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016