The CBI Monday registered a fourth FIR in West Bengal connection with its probe in Saradha financial scam against Saradha Constructions and its chairman and managing director Sudipta Sen. The latest case comes nearly two months after the agency filed three FIRs in the financial scam in the state.
“CBI has registered the fourth FIR against Saradha Construction and the CMD of the Saradha Group,” confirmed Kanchan Prasad, CIO, CBI. Charges of cheating, conspiracy and criminal breach of trust have been slapped against the company and Sudipta Sen. TMC MP Kunal Ghosh is not named in this FIR.
CBI sources said with this FIR all the cases pertaining to Saradha Group have been covered and now the agency will focus on other companies who were allegedly part of the Rs 2,500 crore scam in which savings of thousands of investors were swindled by chit fund operators.
On June 4, CBI registered 46 FIRs in a day in the Saradha scam and named suspended TMC MP Kunal Ghosh as one of the accused. Of the 46, only four were fresh FIRs – three in West Bengal and one in Orissa – while 42 were taken over from the Orissa Police. First three cases in Bengal were registered under sections 406, 409, 420 and 120B of IPC against the Saradha Group companies.
The agency also carried out coordinated searches at seven locations in Odisha against Midas Touch Group and E shore group. “Documents such as statement of accounts, cheques deposit slips of several bank accounts, statements showing collection of deposits and expenditure were found and seized,” an official said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews