Businessman Rajesh Bajaj and Assam-based filmmaker Sadananda Gogoi were interrogated again by the CBI on Sunday in connection with the multi-crore Saradha scam. While Bajaj was interrogated for the fifth time, Gogoi had been summoned for the third time.
Coming out of the CGO Complex, both said the investigating agency might ask them to come back again in the future. CBI sources said they were not satisfied with the statements of the two so far.
Earlier Saradha chief Sudipta Sen had told CBI that he was supposed to get back Rs 28 crore after the deal between him firm and former Union minister Matang Singh regarding the takeover of a channel failed to materialize. Sen said the former minister had returned the money via Bajaj but the latter never handed it back to him. Gogoi had been paid to make an advertisement for Saradha biscuits.
It is learnt that the CBI will submit an interim to its Central office with details such as those arrested, questioned, places it raided and seizures made. Furthermore, after transport minister Madan Mitra jumped to his defense yesterday saying the CBI was trying to shield big names in the Saradha, leaders of the Opposition reacted sharply to his comments.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose said Mitra is coming out with explanations without having been asked anything.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“This is the sign that he is guilty. He is making provisions before CBI could summon him for questioning.” He referred to a 2009 video showing Mitra at function with Sen. “It proves the alliance between TMC ministers and Saradha was long before they came to power.”
State Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said that many TMC ministers are involved. “It is difficult to believe that the minister was involved with the Group and senior leadership had no idea of it. It is only a matter of time before names of more such TMC leaders come up,” he said.
BJP, too, jumped on the opportunity to take a dig at Mitra. “The CBI is working under the instruction of the Supreme Court. If Mitra was saying anything against the agency, it is, in a way, a contempt of court,” senior BJP leader Samik Bhattacharya told The Indian Express.