Businessman Rajesh Bajaj and Assam-based filmmaker Sadananda Gogoi were interrogated again by the CBI on Sunday in connection with the multi-crore Saradha scam. While Bajaj was interrogated for the fifth time, Gogoi had been summoned for the third time.
Coming out of the CGO Complex, both said the investigating agency might ask them to come back again in the future. CBI sources said they were not satisfied with the statements of the two so far.
Earlier Saradha chief Sudipta Sen had told CBI that he was supposed to get back Rs 28 crore after the deal between him firm and former Union minister Matang Singh regarding the takeover of a channel failed to materialize. Sen said the former minister had returned the money via Bajaj but the latter never handed it back to him. Gogoi had been paid to make an advertisement for Saradha biscuits.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
It is learnt that the CBI will submit an interim to its Central office with details such as those arrested, questioned, places it raided and seizures made. Furthermore, after transport minister Madan Mitra jumped to his defense yesterday saying the CBI was trying to shield big names in the Saradha, leaders of the Opposition reacted sharply to his comments.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose said Mitra is coming out with explanations without having been asked anything.
“This is the sign that he is guilty. He is making provisions before CBI could summon him for questioning.” He referred to a 2009 video showing Mitra at function with Sen. “It proves the alliance between TMC ministers and Saradha was long before they came to power.”
State Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said that many TMC ministers are involved. “It is difficult to believe that the minister was involved with the Group and senior leadership had no idea of it. It is only a matter of time before names of more such TMC leaders come up,” he said.
BJP, too, jumped on the opportunity to take a dig at Mitra. “The CBI is working under the instruction of the Supreme Court. If Mitra was saying anything against the agency, it is, in a way, a contempt of court,” senior BJP leader Samik Bhattacharya told The Indian Express.