Trinamool Congress president Mamata Banerjee Monday questioned the role of a section of media and accused “cash loaded” political parties of have taking control of media houses to serve their interests.
Alleging that the run up to the Lok Sabha elections has manifested an alarming role of a major section of the media, Mamata, in a Facebook post, said she was “shocked” with their “partial and biased” conduct.
“There is hardly any room for doubt that a few major cash loaded political parties have taken up control of media houses and engaged them to serve their narrow political interests, trampling down the ethics of democracy and voice of people,” she said in the post soon after the voting in the final phase of the elections ended.
She said the “partial and biased conduct” of a section of the media —- both electronic and print —- has shocked her. “The brazen personal attacks, distortion of facts, character assassination and vilification in never before manner has stunned the nation,” she added.
The CM said that this state of affairs could be overcome only if elections were held with state funding, which has been TMC’s long-pending demand. “These steps are essential for the sake of democracy. If the current trend continues, then the future of our democracy will, no doubt, be at stake,” she added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest