Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Wednesday tried to corner the Trinamool Congress government over the issue of crime against women and development in the state.
“We have never witnessed such atrocities against women. Not a week has passed by when we did not hear about sexual violence. From Katwa to Kamduni to Madhygram, women of all age groups have been victims. And everytime the aggrieved is being silenced, either by musclemen or money. Nobody is being punished. The system of meting out justice has ceased to exist,’’ he rued.
The former chief minister also alleged that all development work in the state had come to a standstill. “There has been no new college, no new university, no new hospital, and no new factory. All we have got are festivals and blatant lies,’’ Bhattacharjee said.
Gautam Deb, secretary of the party’s North 24 Parganas district committee, who organised the rally, accused Mamata of indulging in corruption. “She is involved in the trident light scam (of KMC). She wears chappals and is projected as symbol of honesty but we believe that has become a big joke. Why does she not give us an account of money she got from selling the paintings ,’’ Deb said.
Buddha is blind, says TMC
The Trinamool Congress reacted sharply. “Buddhadeb is blind and which is why he could not see, or does not want to see any development of the state,’’ Subrata Mukherjee, minister for panchayats and rural development, told The Indian Express.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations