Much like Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s successful campaign for a “Congress-free” nation in the Lok Sabha elections 2014, the West Bengal BJP will give a call for a “Trinamool-free” state in the 2016 Assembly elections, said Siddharth Nath Singh on Sunday.
The senior BJP leader and in-charge of Bengal also rejected any possibility of an alliance at the Centre with Trinamool Congress.
“There might be talks with the Centre and state ministers but as far as political proximity is concerned, we are daggers drawn. We will take Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to task for her failure. There is no question of cosying up with the TMC,” Singh said at a press conference in Kolkata.
He accused the three parties — Congress, CPM and TMC — of colluding to stop the rise of BJP in the state.
Singh said a two-day meet of the party’s state executive members discussed how the TMC bagged about 10 per cent of votes in the Lok Sabha elections through rigging. “Had it not been the case, the BJP would have another eight to nine seats in Bengal — Kolkata (North) and Sreerampore being the two best probables.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Referring to the Kamduni rape-murder incident and the anti-rape forum’s wish to meet the new Prime Minister, Singh said, “It is sad to see that they are yet to get justice. We will take up their case with the Home Ministry.”
The BJP has announced to take out a ‘Bengal Bachao rally’ in Kolkata, led by Rahul Sinha on June 23, to protest against the “state-sponsored post-poll violence”.
“We will submit memorandums to all district magistrates. There will be functions up to July 6, where we will distribute pamphlets informing about the Central policies for Bengal,” he said, adding that Muslims of Bengal have seen through the “divide and rule policies” of the state government and were abandoning the ruling party for the BJP in huge numbers.