BJP leader and chairman of the Parliamentary Committee L K Advani Thursday said the party would emerge a major force in Bengal — the state where the Bharatiya Jana Sangh was founded by Shyamapada Mukherjee in 1952 — demolishing Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s claims that BJP was not a factor in Bengal in the Lok Sabha elections.
“BJP will emerge as a major force in Bengal. I am in the party since its inception,” he said L K Advani while addressing a campaign rally supporting two BJP candidates including Chandan Mitra from Hooghly and Bappi Lahiri from Serampore.
Terming this election as ‘an election that never happened in the country since 1952’, Advani said, “I have seen and participated in last 16 elections. There is something special about this election. People already know the results. Even Congress leaders tell me they will not be able to form the government this time. And the credit must go to the Congress government.”
Making an impassioned appeal for a violence-free elections, Advani said: “There is no place for violence during elections. But our CPM friends did that earlier and that had an effect on some other political parties as well,” he said and added there should be no space for a tainted leader this elections. “We do not encourage people with criminal antecedents. It will at least not happen in our party.”
Meanwhile, BJP candidate Chandan Mitra said the party plans to bring industry in Singur. “I have promised the people of Singur that they would not need to survive on the allowance given by the government. The land in Singur is now barren. No agriculture is possible and the industry is also driven out. How will people live there? But if we win here, we will bring IT here,” Mitra said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Mocking Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s effort to form a Federal Front, BJP state president Rahul Sinha said: “Some say we always take Ram’s naam. Yes we do that. And Ram has shown his ‘leela’ at the Ram Leela Maidan when only 400 people turned up in the ‘so called’ meeting to form the Federal Front.